Innovation Point, the company driving development and investment in Wales’ digital economy, has today announced the finalists of it’s all new, all different Digital Dozen accelerator programme. The first national technology accelerator to be launched in Wales, the Digital Dozen accelerator will fast-track the best and brightest of Wales’ ambitious tech start-ups and scale-ups.
The finalists – spanning property, fund management and everything in between – represent the diverse range of services and products Wales has to offer. Built up of innovative start-ups to successful, established companies, these are the cream of the crop of Wales’ new and disruptive digital technologies.
The programme will run over the next six months offering finalists the tools, skills and connections needed to grow and secure their next investment round, including one-to-one mentoring, pitch training and valuable networking events and introductions.
Innovation Point has assembled an all-star cast of successful ‘been there, got the t-shirt’ entrepreneurs to drive the programme, including Anthony Rose’s Seedlegals, Jag Singh, Nauta Capital, White Horse Capital, Lexington, Webstart Bristol, David Murray-Hundley (aka The Grumpy Entrepreneur) and Innovation Point’s CEO, David Warrender.
The New Digital Dozen are:
1. Open Genius – the team behind iMindMap and DropTask, Open Genius create intuitive technologies that facilitate and enhance creativity, innovation and productivity.
2. Properr – develop integrated technology solutions for the property industry. Flagship product Track My Move simplifies how people buy residential property, reduces ‘fall throughs’ and radically improves processes.
3. Disberse – a fund management platform built for the global development sector. Disberse drives efficient and effective delivery of development and humanitarian aid.
4. DashHound – connects users social accounts, allowing them to track and purchase products used by their favourite beauty influencers via a bespoke online dashboard.
5. Prizsm – rethinking and re-engineering conventional data protection to offer total data security, privacy, control and multi-cloud orchestration.
6. Simply Do Ideas – provide a quick, simple way for people to build and test their business ideas, aiming to create a more enterprising and innovative society for all.
7. Talkative – allows users to convert website visitors into paying customers, using voice, video, chat and cobrowsing.
8. Geolang – the software development company specialising in the cyber security and business resilience market. Geolang offer users advanced, content-aware Information Management solutions.
9. Do-IT Solutions – a specialist IT company providing a modular, accessible online assessment and monitoring system. It’s aim is to empower individuals to access education and employment.
10. University Cribs – understanding the difficulty of finding and securing student accommodation, University Cribs strives to make house-hunting a stress-free task for students.
11. Zone Art Networks – a unique solution to the problem of locating users and objects in space-time using its Follow Spot solution, requiring only a single access point.
12. Codeherent – its mission is to enable organisations to quickly and easily develop their ideas into palpable business outcomes.
Colin Batten, Head of Partnerships & Digital Dozen Accelerator at Innovation Point, commented:
“We’ve worked with successful accelerators across the UK, Europe and the US to gauge what does – and doesn’t – work, whilst speaking to companies throughout Wales about the support and connections they feel would best empower them to take their business to the next level.”
David Warrender, CEO of Innovation Point, added:
“Previous iterations of the Digital Dozen have brought tremendous success to the participants. With the added support, expertise and guiding hands from proven entrepreneurs this year looks to be the best yet. We can’t wait to see where the programme takes these leading innovative companies.”
The Digital Dozen find themselves in good company; Wealthify, Echosec and Delio have all benefited from the previous Digital Dozen initiatives, receiving the training and knowledge needed to truly elevate their business.